Monday, April 11, 2011

Season in Review: Anthony Tolliver's perspective


Wolves forward Anthony Tolliver
What are some memorable moments you have had this year, what does it mean to play some of your former teams?
This was my first full season in the NBA so this year will always be special to me. Playing well against my former teams (GSW, New Orleans, and San Antonio) this year definitely stick out as memories that I wont forget.
How has the team improved since the beginning of the year? the chemistry?I think that the team has learned how to adjust to one another very well on the offensive end. At times this year we played and competed against the best teams in the league.
What the biggest challenge you have faced during the season?The biggest challenge has been dealing with losing so many games. I have never lost so many games in one season in my life so that has been tough.
What have you improved the most during the 2010-11 NBA season?I think I have really become comfortable with my role as a backup power forward, coming off the bench and bringing energy to the game on the defensive end.
Who has given you the best advice during your basketball career, what advice did they give?My mother always would tell me to let my game do the talking instead of talking smack to other players.
Why do you think Kevin Love doesn’t get much “Love” from NBA fans?What fans don’t notice Kevin Love? Haha. If you understand the game you notice Kevin Love because he is a phenomenal rebounder.
When out of town, what is your favorite thing to do in an off day?I like to relax and watch movies.
What stadium/city do you enjoy visiting/playing in the most? why?I love playing in the Staples Center because it’s like a production more than a game.
Do you ever watch other NBA games? Who is your favorite player to watch?
I watch the NBA all the time. Lebron James is my favorite player to watch because he plays like he is in a video game.
Who is the best offensive player you have had to guard, what makes them difficult to guard?AT – I would say that Carmelo is the best offensive player I've had to guard because he is so versatile and strong.
What is the outlook for the team next year, what do you plan on improving in the last few games and into the off-season?I’m very encouraged about next year. We are young and athletic and hopefully everyone continues to improve so we can win more games next year.
You do a great job connecting with fans, why is it so important to you to connect with your fans?Without the fans we don’t have jobs so staying connected is a must!

Article courtesy of

No comments:

Post a Comment