Monday, February 21, 2011

Eric Lair Interview


Eric Lair will be the University of Minnesota Gophers' starting tight end for the 2011 season.  A Sophomore last season, Lair was 3rd on the team in receptions, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns.

Would you consider yourself more of a blocking or receiving tight end?
EL – I am better at catching the ball right now so I would say receiving, but I’m working this spring to become a better blocker.

If you played any other position other than right end, where would you see yourself playing?
EL – Receiver or maybe a outside linebacker.

What is a normal game day routine like for you?
EL I sit alone on the bus and listen to Houston music artists to remember where I come from and what it took to get to this point. Also, all of those people cheering for me back home that I do not want to let down.


How would you describe TCF bank stadium from a players perspective?
EL – One word “Amazing!”

What is one thing you focus to improve on for the 2011 season?
EL – Blocking is what I am looking forward to improving on more this season, so I can be labeled a good tight end and not just a receiving tight end.

When your not on the football field, what is your favorite thing to do?
EL – Play video games with my teammates and joke around with them, which we do a lot.

When did you first start playing football?
EL – I started playing football my 10th grade year of high school. I always thought I was going to go to the NBA but i kind of stop growing and the football coach ask me to come try out to see how I like it. From there i grew to love the game because at first football was not something liked much.

What is your favorite stadium you have played in other than TCF Bank?
EL – I would say it Wisconsin, because of the heated rivalry and the fans there are relentless.





Article courtesy of

No comments:

Post a Comment