Monday, February 28, 2011

Interview with Minnesota's Duane Bennett



 What was one of the main reasons you decided to come to the University of Minnesota?
DB – I love the city atmosphere, and the people up here where extremely friendly, and it just seemed like the perfect fit for me.
 What is the biggest change you see in the football program from last year to this year?
At this point I have not seen much change but I’m sure there will be lots to come heading into the season this year.
DP – Who has had the biggest impact on your life, who got you going into football?
 My father & my brothers. Having them behind me my whole life and supporting me was a huge reason for getting into football, although my mother is my #1 supporter.
 If you could play any other sport other than football, what would you play?
DB – I would play baseball, I played it when I was younger and really enjoyed it.
 What are some personal goals you have for this season?
DB – (To) reach 1,000 yards rushing and be a constant impact player for my team.
 As a senior, what is one thing you will always remember about the U of M?
DB – I will always remember The Barn. The fans get crazy at our home basketball games.
 What Big Ten game do you look forward to the most?
DB – I look forward to playing Wisconsin for the Axe. Last go round, would be lovely to leave with the Axe.
 How excited are you about the upcoming season under new head coach, coach Kill?
DB – I very excited, he’s a great guy and knows what he wants out of his players and I love that about him.
 What is your favorite thing to do on campus?
DB – I enjoy going to eat at the different restaurants, such as Buffalo Wild Wings, Tony’s Diner, and Anne’s.






Article courtesy of 

No comments:

Post a Comment